Resources for Camp
Great Talk Outlines for Youth Ministry
ISBN: 13: 978-0-310-23822-5
This book contains 40 talk outlines that have been tried and tested by experienced youth workers. As usual, I use these as they are intended – as an outline. The CD that comes with it contains all the outline talks for you to take away bits that you will not use and then add in your own bit. Themes covered include conversion, faith, God’s love, sin, discipleship and much more.
Talks done by Camp Leaders
People Jesus met (A diffrent person each night)
Eg. Zaccheus, the women at the well, the disciples etc.
The idea was to:
* Explain a bit about each person
* Show how they met with Jesus
* The difference on knowing Jesus
Young People in the Bible
God uses people and age is no barrier!
The boy with the packed lunch (feeding 5,000) etc.
Life of someone in the Bible
Eg. Paul – sin, repentance, telling others, persecuted, protected etc.
“I am” sayings of Jesus
The Bread of Life
The True Vine
The Light of the World
The Way, the Truth and the Life
The Good Shepherd
This is covered in another section on these Resource pages.
Using a Bible story and speaking in the 1st person
Eg. a Centurion during the ministry of Jesus
- whose servant was ill, was at the trial, at the cross, converted…
The Passion of the Christ (not the film!)
* Betrayed – Gethsemane & Judas
* Denied – The Disciples & Peter
* Condemned – Pilate & Herod
* Crucified – A Tale of 3 Deaths
* Buried – Joseph of Arimathea & Nicodemus
* Risen – Mary, The 10 & Thomas
* Ascended – Jesus and his Apostles
Click on the link below for tried and tested Camp Programmes: